Experience the Industry at Cultivate
What is the AmericanHort Scholars program?
This program sets students in horticulture on a path to success by exposing them to the breadth of the horticulture industry, its opportunities, and its leaders at Cultivate. Each year, 6 students are chosen for this beyond-the-classroom experience – giving insight and awareness of the industry, its supply chain, and where they might find a home for their passion
In other words, HortScholars will meet many, many people that:
- Can help with finding a fantastic job or internship
- Offer insights on the best ways to reach career goals
- Will tell funny stories about stupid things they did early in their career (and that you can learn from)
- Provide lots of realistic advice that is actually useful
Who is eligible?
The AmericanHort Scholars program is open to undergraduate and graduate students who are attending 2- and 4-year colleges and universities. (If you graduate just before the program starts in July, that’s okay). Check out the program requirements.
What exactly is an AmericanHort Scholar and what do they do?
HortScholars spend several days on-site at Cultivate in Columbus, Ohio.
- Volunteering with set up
- Learning about the green industry
- Networking in facilitated meetings with industry leaders
- Presenting on a horticulture topic of their choice
- And much more!
This program is a unique experience designed to help create long-lasting industry connections, find future jobs and internships, and experience some of the most exciting aspects of the industry.
When and where does the AmericanHort Scholars program take place?
The HortScholar program takes place at Cultivate in Columbus ,Ohio. AmericanHort provides complimentary meals, lodging, an All-Access Pass to Cultivate, and a complimentary one-year student membership in addition to the HortScholar activities at Cultivate. Scholars are responsible for providing their own transportation to and from Columbus, Ohio.