AmericanHort International Plantscape Awards
Click here to apply for 2019
Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to use the application website
View 2019 Winners Here
View 2015-2018 Winners and Presentations Here
Apply now for the AmericanHort International Plantscape Awards. Deadline is April 12, 2019.
Criteria for Consideration
Designed to recognize and celebrate excellence in the interiorscape community, the awards program is open to all individuals or firms actively involved in interior plantscaping. This includes commercial enterprises with in-house horticulture departments and conservatory venues.
Entries are judged on their own merit and not against each other. Points are given to each project based on the entry information and photo documentation. Acquiring 90% or more of the total number of points possible will earn a project a Platinum Award, and earning 80-89% of the total number of points possible will earn a project a Gold Award. The judging criteria is available as part of the entry form and as a link below with the entry category descriptions.
The awards program is a learning opportunity designed to enhance your company’s ability to promote and market itself through great visuals and storytelling. Take advantage of our mentors.
- Recognition at Cultivate at the International Plantscape Awards Celebration. Details coming soon.
- Permanent listing on the website as an award winner.
- Professionally-produced award plaque (additional copies may be ordered for your offices and customers).
- Press release announcing the winners to industry publications.
Procedures for Nomination
Entries are judged by photos and project descriptions. Each entry must include a completed Entry Form. If you have a confidentiality agreement with your client, please do not use the client’s name anywhere in your entry and please re-name with a title acceptable for public use. Please do not submit testimonials or letters of recognition if they reveal the entrant company name, they will be discarded.
Dates and Categories
- Categories whose installation must have been completed during the past year (May 2017 to April 2018) are Special Event and Holiday; Silk, Replica and Preserved; Horticultural Service; and Technician Recognition.
- Categories whose installation may have been completed during the past two years (May 2016 to April 2018) are: Design; Installation; Major Renovation; Atrium and Conservatory; Living Wall; and Patio, Balcony and Roof Garden.
- A single project may be entered in multiple categories when appropriate. If the same project is entered in more than one category a separate entry form and fee must be submitted.
- Projects that have previously received an International Plantscape Award may not be re-entered in the same category.
- Photos must be numbered 1-10 in the order you wish the judges to view them (eg: BeautifulAtrium1, Beautiful Atrium2,…). Any photo not accompanied by a written description will be eliminated from judging.
- Do not identify yourself or your company in the pictures or your written description. Identifying yourself or your company in photos or the written description will result in disqualification of the project. Photo file specifications: (a) a minimum of five (5) and a maximum of ten (10) digital photos in tif or jpeg format at no larger than 5mb. This might require you to resize your photos. Two (2) of the ten (10) photos may be combined before & after shots, side by side comparisons, or multiple angle shots of the project. (b) A copy of the photo you would like to appear on your plaque should your project win an award.
Judging and Awards
- Judging is conducted by a panel of three distinguished plantscapers. The judges do not know the identity of entrants until after the judging is completed. Identity of the judges will be released after the judging has occurred.
- Platinum and Gold awards are given. Entries are not judged against each other. Points are awarded based on how well the entry description and images submitted met the published judging criteria. A Platinum Awards is achieved by earning 90%+ of the total judging criteria points.
- A Gold Award is achieved with 80-89% of the total judging criteria points. Any entry that tallies up to an average 79.55 or higher will be rounded up to 80 for a Gold Award. A score of 89.55 or higher is rounded to a Platinum Award. If the judges consider one project to have merit considerably greater than that of any other project, they may choose to bestow a special Diamond Award on that project. Only one Diamond Award is bestowed annually.
Winning Tips for the International Plantscape Award Contest