Do you struggle to keep your best employees? You’re not alone—employee turnover costs U.S. businesses an estimated $1 trillionevery year. But these losses are largely preventable through employee development programs. When properly implemented, employees increase their skills, grow their value, and become more loyal to their managers and organizations.
This Mastery Series equips you with an Employee Growth Plan that delivers on key business outcomes.
During this three-part series, you:
Our expert speaker is Neal Glatt, the Managing Partner of GrowTheBench.com, a training platform purpose-built for training green industry employees. Neal has helped thousands of green industry companies train their people through executive coaching, public speaking, workshops, and on-demand education to unlock improved profit, retention, and quality of life. Don’t miss this opportunity to level up your employee retention!
You must register for each of the three classes in the Mastery Series to participate in all of them.
Each class is $99 for AmericanHort members and $149 for non-members. Not a member? Join us today!
We help you identify:
– Employee Needs – What do workers value in a growth and development program at various stages of their careers?
– Business Outcomes – What is the business case and monetary justification for investing in employee development?
– Developmental Options – An overview and discussion of the tools and options available for developing employees.
How an employee development program is implemented greatly impacts its effectiveness. Unfortunately, only about 1 in 3 employees strongly agree that their most recent learning opportunity at work was well worth their time. In this session, we discuss how development starts at onboarding, what coaching conversations to have with employees around their growth, and what meaningful development looks like for individuals.
We provide tools for:
– Onboarding for Development – An overview of what makes a great onboarding experience that supports employee growth (template provided!)
– Coaching Conversations – Review discussion guides that help foster meaningful employee growth.
– Employee Motivation – What motivates employees and makes their development opportunities worthwhile?
Even organizations that regularly invest in employee growth initiatives fail to make development part of their culture in a sustainable way. But moving beyond annual programming and onboarding is a critical step in becoming a learning organization. In this session, we discuss how to build a career development plan for every level of the organization, how to track and measure learning effectiveness and outcomes, and how to implement a plan that scales with an organization’s needs and budget.
– Career Development Plans – How can employees be developed throughout their entire careers at all organizational levels?
– Growth Measurements – What are the key metrics to track employee growth and training effectiveness?
– Investment Budgeting – What is the appropriate budget for investment in employee development?